EXPECTANT PARENT SERVICES
Our Expectant parent services, also known as birth mother services, is close to our heart as adoptive parents. As the Director, and an adoptive parent of two children, I can only say that our children's birth mother's are loved and respected greatly. We continue to have the kind of relationship requested by our birth mothers, and value them as a part of our family.
We know this is a difficult decision for you. We understand that you love your baby and want to give him/her the very best chance at life. In your time of need we want to be there for you and help you through each step. We want you to know your baby will be safe, loved, and have a life that every child, especially your child, deserves. We want you to be the biggest part of choosing this life your child.
If you are looking for an adoption plan for your child, we can offer you personal assistance. We are a small agency that values each birth mother we work with and is devoted to giving you quality care. Give us a chance to show you our love and respect in the decision of your plan for your child. We provide assistance with your daily needs, doctor visits, medical filing, and more.
We are licensed child placing agency! If you are in need of an identified adoption placement, or you are still looking for your expectant mother, then we are here to help you through the adoption process covering social services with your expectant mother, birth parent relinquishment's, placement services, and post services. We also have many resources in helping you locate your adoptive child...Every child HAS a home is not just our motto, but our legacy! HOME STUDIES
Home Adoption Studies will help you face the home study experience with confidence and the excitement that should accompany the prospect of welcoming a child into the family. The best advice is to relax, keep a sense of humor and be yourself.
Your home study provides an accurate portrayal of your family life, past and present. Our Self Assessment, found under the Forms section, will help you prepare for the first interview.
This process usually takes about 4 to 8 weeks and is used to determine your readiness for adoption. Because we are adoptive parents ourselves, we understand that the adoption process can be a stressful one. Our goal is to relieve some this anxiety by connecting you with our case worker to help you with your individual needs.
Q: What is the difference between a Home Study Agency and a Child Placing Agency, and do I need both?
A: While we are a child placing agency; however, there are several reasons why families use separate home study and child placing agencies:
- If the child-placing agency is out of state, including those in out-of-state custody, you need an agency licensed in Georgia to prepare your home study.
- Having a home study prepared by an independent agency ensures that you have the option of working with whatever child-placing agency or agencies you choose. You are not tied to using the agency, even ours, that prepared your home study, for your actual adoption.
- As in many other professional fields, it is always a good idea to have important work done by "specialists" - those with intensive experience and training in one particular area. We have been completing ICPC ready Home Studies for 10 years!
- Your placing agency may not offer home study services or may not offer them in your area.
- Your agency may not relinquish your full ICPC packet needed in order to place outside of Georgia or outside of their agency, or they may charge an additional charge fee to do so.
POST PLACEMENT REPORTS
Post placement reports are written after your child has been placed in your home. Home Adoption Studies visits you and your child in your home to observe how well you are both adjusting. These visits also evaluate and assess your child's adjustment, developmental milestones, and social skills since becoming a part of your family. The number and frequency of visits will depend on which state your adoption occurred in. Home Adoption Studies will communicate directly with your placing agency regarding the frequency of the post placements reports.